Call now (401) 443-2999
HOME >> Rhode Island >> Injury Lawyers Near Richmond

If you have actually been harmed in an accident, you must speak to a lawyer as soon as possible after your accident. Often, claims need to be submitted with more than one insurance company and if a claim should be filed with the government firm it normally should be filed within days of your accident. Do not speak with any insurance provider which is not your own and do not give any taped statements till you consult with a legal representative. Simply ask for the name and phone number of the person requesting the statement and tell them you will call back if you are asked to offer a declaration. Since you need to report an event to your own insurer immediately, you must call a lawyer instantly. Q: Is this consultation given without charge to me? About Your Rights: Q: What rights do I have that need to be safeguarded? Q: Who will pay my medical expenses; physical treatment costs; drug costs; transportation expenses; short-lived or long-term family help; lost earnings; property damage; and discomfort and suffering? Q: What do I have to do to safeguard my rights to these claims? What types and documents do I require to get? Where do I get these forms? Will you fill out all the types for me? If needed, will you assist me with my medical claim? If required, will you help me with my home damage claim? Q: What claim letters require to be sent; the number of insurance provider must be informed? Will you do this for me? About determining whether you want to employ a specific legal representative? You might feel worried when hiring a legal representative, but remember that you are the one doing the hiring. While attorneys who mainly represent individuals in accidents charge a contingency cost (a fee that is charged at the end of the case and just if you are successful) you will still would like to know that you are satisfied with your option. Although you pay a cost after you get a cash award, you are the one paying the bill. Serious injuries can lead to significant settlement for both you and your attorney. That makes you an important client! Q: If I have a question about my case, will I be able to speak with you directly or do I have to speak with a paralegal? Is it fine if I talk to you sometimes when I have a concern or to learn the status of my case? Q: How long have you and your law practice been practicing law? Q: Do you practice mainly in the field of Personal Injury and accidents? Q: Is my accident case thought about a subspecialty and do I need a various legal representative who handles this type of case? Q: Do you have professional liability insurance? (Professional liability insurance coverage likewise protects you, the mishap victim, in case a mistake is made that damages your case.). Q: When will I be charged? (Personal injury attorneys generally charge a contingency charge. A contingency cost is one that is charged at the end of the case and only if you succeed. This allows anyone who has actually been injured in an accident to have easy access to a lawyer.). Q: How much will I be charged? Q: Will I be charged a legal cost if you do not recuperate money for me? Q: Am I responsible for case expenses if you do not recover money for me? Q: What are my options to resolve my claim? Do you ever make use of mediation and arbitration? Q: Have you or your law firm done any trials? Q: (If married) Is my spouse entitled to any of my settlement or cash awarded? What happens if I get separated? Q: (If a kid is injured) Which moms and dad will bring the claim? Which moms and dad will be entitled to receive the cash? If you have been injured in a mishap, you should speak to a legal representative as soon as possible after your mishap. Q: What do I have to do to protect my rights to these claims? While legal representatives who mostly represent individuals in mishaps charge a contingency charge (a fee that is charged at the end of the case and only if you are effective) you will still want to know that you are satisfied with your choice. Q: When will I be charged? Q: (If a child is hurt) Which moms and dad will bring the claim?