Call now (401) 443-2999
HOME >> Rhode Island >> Personal Injury Lawyer In Newport

If you have actually been harmed in an accident, you should speak to a lawyer as soon as possible after your mishap. Often, claims need to be submitted with more than one insurance coverage business and if a claim must be filed with the government agency it normally must be filed within days of your mishap. Do not talk to any insurance company which is not your own and do not offer any taped declarations until you speak with a legal representative. If you are asked to provide a declaration, just request the name and phone number of the individual requesting the declaration and tell them you will recall. Considering that you need to report an occurrence to your own insurance provider instantly, you should call a legal representative immediately. Q: Is this assessment given without charge to me? About Your Rights: Q: What rights do I have that need to be secured? Q: Who will pay my medical costs; physical treatment costs; drug bills; transportation expenditures; short-lived or long-term family help; lost income; property damage; and pain and suffering? Q: What do I have to do to secure my rights to these claims? If needed, will you assist me with my medical claim? If needed, will you help me with my property damage claim? Q: What claim letters require to be sent; how many insurance companies must be informed? Will you do this for me? About identifying whether you want to hire a specific legal representative? While lawyers who primarily represent individuals in mishaps charge a contingency fee (a cost that is charged at the end of the case and only if you are successful) you will still desire to understand that you are pleased with your choice. Serious injuries can result in considerable compensation for both you and your lawyer. Q: If I have a concern about my case, will I have the ability to speak with you straight or do I have to talk to a paralegal? Is it alright if I consult with you occasionally when I have a concern or to discover the status of my case? Q: How long have you and your law practice been practicing law? Q: Do you practice primarily in the field of Personal Injury and mishaps? Q: Is my personal injury case considered a subspecialty and do I require a different lawyer who handles this kind of case? Q: Do you have expert liability insurance coverage? (Professional liability insurance also protects you, the mishap victim, in case a mistake is made that damages your case.). Q: When will I be charged? (Personal injury attorneys generally charge a contingency fee. If you are effective, a contingency fee is one that is charged at the end of the case and only. This permits anyone who has actually been hurt in an accident to have easy access to an attorney.). Q: How much will I be charged? Q: Will I be charged a legal charge if you do not recover money for me? Q: Am I responsible for case expenditures if you do not recover cash for me? Q: What are my options to solve my claim? Do you ever utilize mediation and arbitration? Q: Have you or your law firm done any trials? Q: (If wed) Is my spouse entitled to any of my settlement or money granted? What takes place if I get divorced? Q: (If a kid is hurt) Which parent will bring the claim? Which parent will be entitled to get the money? If you have been harmed in an accident, you need to speak to a legal representative as soon as possible after your mishap. Q: What do I have to do to protect my rights to these claims? While attorneys who mostly represent individuals in accidents charge a contingency charge (a fee that is charged at the end of the case and just if you are effective) you will still want to know that you are satisfied with your choice. Q: When will I be charged? Q: (If a child is hurt) Which moms and dad will bring the claim?